Visiting Deep Lake in Enumclaw
Here is the link to the Dept. of Fish & Wildlife for info on Deep Lake: https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/locations/lowland-lakes/deep-lake-king
Engagement photos in the Forest!
I first met Maddie and James at another wedding earlier this year. It’s such a funny story, because the wedding that I met them at, was actually the wedding of a couple who won a mini session giveaway in January 2020. They loved the photos I took and decided to hire me for their engagement session and wedding. That wedding was so much fun and I was so happy to be there with them and all their amazing friends and family. Maddie was the maid of honor at that wedding, and she and her fiancé and the kids were the cutest things, so when they asked for my card to talk about shooting their wedding in 2022, I was so excited!
Planning the engagement session
So fast forward to September 2021, and we have a scheduled engagement shoot and a spot that would require a little bit of a hike. Totally not a problem, but the day of they found out they wouldn’t have a babysitter for their two little ones, so we picked a spot closer by that was easier for everyone. We are both in Bonney Lake so when she suggested Deep Lake outside of Enumclaw I was stoked for something relatively close!
I personally had never been to Deep lake but had heard about it. I am so excited I found this little hidden gem, I have a three-year-old who loves nature, so I know we will be making a trip there soon to just go walk the trail around the lake
Tips for your engagement session
- Either get engaged (duh) or plan your surprise proposal with your photographer in attendance!
- Pick a location! Want photos in a cool downtown location? Or want all the mountain vibes? Do what makes your heart the happiest!
- Pick a date! Save the dates are normally sent 6-9 months out from your wedding, so if you want save the dates with your photos, choose somewhere in that time frame. Also keep an eye on the weather as your date draws near! No shame in changing plans last minute because of a rainstorm!
- Spend a little time before the session writing each other a love letter, or buy them a special surprise to give them on the day of.
- Dress comfortably! Wear something that makes you feel amazing and confident. Don’t wear loud colors or patters, but keep it cohesive and flattering 🙂
- Spend the day together! Plan a whole day around your engagement session, and focus on what you love about each other.
- After the shoot, and once the final gallery is delivered, order some dang prints! There is nothing better than knowing your client loves your work enough to print it out and put it on their walls!
Want me to shoot your forest engagement photos?
Send me a message and we can talk about your upcoming session!